Logistics Operations - Facilities
CAAA has a wide variety of facilities in its Logistics Operations. Facilities include container repairs, blocking & bracing prefabrications, surveillance & test functions, heating chambers, and docks.
- Facilities for Unloading Mixed Conveyance Loads, Consolidate Small Lots, Repack Items, Container Loading/Unloading, Commercial Truck Shipments, Cross Docks, Mobilization Loadings, and Ammunition Inspections
- Container Repairs Capabilities Include Certified in Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Gas Metal Arc (GMAW), Gas Tungsten Arc (GTAW) for Aluminum, Steel, Stainless Steel Pipes, ISO Containers, Dock Plates, Loadings Ramps, Metal Pallets, and High Security Hasps. Repair Services are Mobile.
- Blocking and Bracing Prefabrication Facilities allow CAAA to Build Boxes and Special Crate for Ammo and Related Items, Craft Special Tables and Cabinets, and Pre-Cut Banding for the Activity
- Surveillance Function and Test Facilities allows CAAA to perform function testing for the Ammunition Stockpile Reliability Program. Ammunition items are shipped from worldwide storage locations to CAAA and tested to determine their suitability for use in pyrotechnics, signals & simulators, hand grenades, certain chemical items, and certain demolition items.
- CAAA utilizes a KILM Heat Treating Chamber to destroy insects and pest in Wood Packaging Materiel (WPM). The heat treatment is mandated by the European Community and the United Nations International Plant Protection Convention and is approved by the USDA. Since April 09 CAAA has saved the government in unnecessary procurement costs by treating over 100,000 board feet of WPM. This service can be offered to other entities subjected to IPPC requirements.